Our pond is heated, with the thermostat set at 15 degrees C (59 degrees F) When working from home, I would watch the steam rising from the pond each morning, thinking, we’re paying for that steam!
A cover of some description was required, but what properties must it have?
- It must not blow away – our rear garden is very windy
- If it does blow away, it must not cause any damage
- It must not look too ugly
- It must pack away for the summer without needing a second garden to store it
- We must be able to feed the fish
- The fish must not be able to strand themselves by jumping on top of the cover