A Perfect Solution to Cover Liquid Surfaces, Tanks such as:
- Waste water
- Slurry lagoon
- Dangerous materials
- Heated or cooled open surface tanks
The simplest and most effective way to control:
- Fumes and smell
- Heat loss
- Evaporation loss
- Chemical loss
- Oxygen absorption
- Light penetration
- Organic growths
- UV effect
Features and Benefits:
- “Install and forget” solution – maintenance free
- Resistant to storms and wind
- Life expectancy of 10 years
- No running cost
- Not affected by rain, snow and frost
- Quick and simple to install
- Spread automatically as the liquid levels rise and fall
Material Specification and Chemical Resistance
High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) – suitable for working conditions up to 80°C (176°F). HDPE is recommended for all external applications due to its enhanced resistance to freezing conditions.
Polypropylene (PP) – able to withstand continuous working temperatures of up to 110°C (230°F). Suitable for contact with most chemicals used in the metal treatment industry.
PVDF – This material offers significant increases in operating temperatures up to 160°C (320°F) providing resistance to many aggressive chemicals where alternative plastics would fall.
Ultra Violet (UV) – stabilising additives prevent the degrading effects of sunlight. HDPE is also recommended for demineralised water and Chromic acid applications.
Euro-Matic floating ball blankets provide highly effective solutions to difficult liquid storage problems. By placing a sufficient quantity of hollow plastic balls onto the surface of a liquid, the balls automatically arrange themselves into a close packed formation over 91% of the surface area. Such a high surface coverage provides an extremely effective barrier and significantly reduces the mass and heat transfer mechanisms operating between the liquid and surrounding environment.
A thermal insulation barrier is achieved through the air held in each ball and the poor heat conductivity of plastic. The air pockets between the balls, although not sealed, also contribute to this cellular insulation system which dramatically reduces heat loss.
The low liquid surface area exposed to atmosphere dramatically reduces liquid loss through evaporation, odour release to the atmosphere and conversely prevents surface absorption of oxygen.
Yet a blanket of Euro-Matic balls presents no impediment to product dipping or equipment which has to move through the liquid surface; the balls are pushed aside, but quickly reform their cover as the equipment moves forward or products are lifted away from the tank. The balls will rise and fall with liquid level within storage tanks, and also provide a constant cover over liquids held in reservoirs with sloping sides. If the liquid level falls, causing the surface area to shrink, the balls simply stack in a double layer; they automatically spread themselves into a single layer again as the level rises.
Floating Cover Ball – The Advantages:
- Wide range in size : from 6,5mm till 150mm
- Surface coverage up to 90%
- Heating costs reduced by up to 75%.
- Reduction of liquid loss through evaporation by up to 90%.
- Reduced chemical consumption.
- Improved working environments.
- A reduction in corrosive vapours ensures increased life expectancy of building structures.
- Reduced demand on air extract systems, saving factory heating and reducing gas scrubber demands.
- Dramatically reduces foul odours reaching the atmosphere.
- Allows movement of equipment through the liquid.
- Reduces penetration of UV rays
- Precludes growth of algae and clogging weeds.
- The rate of ice formation is reduced in freezing conditions, lowering the ice formation point by up to 50°F (10°C).
- Extra stability at wind speeds in excess of 147 km/h (28 m/s)